Princeton University Press (PUP) is a prestigious and highly successful academic publisher (http://press.princeton.edu) which is expanding its capacity for digital publishing and its global presence. PUP, which has a total staff of around one hundred employees, is seeking a Chief Information Officer to manage an Information Management (IM) department of approximately 5 staff.
The Chief Information Officer's role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing technology governance and strategic information technology and data management initiatives at Princeton University Press. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization's information technology, systems, and data management. The position will report to the Assistant Director for Planning, and the CIO will be a member of the Senior Management Group of the Press.
In this newly created position, and department, the CIO is expected to:
- Provide vision and insight into the development of the business strategy for PUP.
- Establish good IT and data governance practices, policies, and procedures, including development of an IT steering group.
- Ensure IT systems support business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness and service quality, and drive innovation and new revenue.
- Manage the relationship with Princeton University's Office of Information Technology.
- Oversee large scale technology projects.
- Develop the organizational structure for the Information Management (IM) Department.
- A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience. A master's degree and/or major in Computer Science or related discipline are preferred.
- 10+ years management experience with proven experience in strategic planning and execution, and demonstrated ability to apply IT to business problems and opportunities. Previous experience in publishing or higher education preferred.
- Proven experience in researching, evaluating, negotiating, and managing third-party service providers.
- Strong business acumen, including understanding of key business drivers for performance and growth, and the use of sound business practices.
- Strong creative, analytical, and logical problem solving skills, detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relational skills, good organizational and project management skills, sound judgment, initiative and drive, flexibility, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Return to Job Opportunities
File created May 2, 2014