Princeton University Press seeks an energetic, self-motivated, and highly organized college graduate to support two editors. The Editorial Assistant assists the Acquisitions Editors in the signing, developing, and publishing of distinctive and outstanding books, and serves as a liaison between authors and the Press. The Editorial Assistant will support the Acquisitions Editors through all stages of the life cycle of the book, from concept through post-publication. In particular, the Editorial Assistant will be responsible for author management, data integrity throughout the life of the book, as well as communication within the organization and beyond. The assistant will be expected to take a leadership role in managing Editors’ lists and may be involved in various research and writing projects
- Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain excellent professional demeanor and be able to convey information accurately. A proofreading test, writing sample, or other evaluation may be required at the time of interview.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage detail-oriented work with minimum supervision and overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to work independently while also understanding and serving the greater needs of the department and the Press as a whole.
- A genuine interest in and intellectual engagement with the publication of scholarly books.
- Computer proficiency, including with databases and Microsoft Office.
This is a typical office environment with heavy computer use. Travel required approximately one to four times per year to attend conferences, where the ability to lift heavy boxes is occasionally required.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only finalists will be contacted. This position is located in Princeton, NJ. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Return to Job Opportunities
File created May 18, 2017