Princeton University Press offers unpaid internships in several areas of publishing. These internships can qualify for course credit - please check with your course advisor. Internships are for one semester and require you to be present an average of 15 hours per week.
Job Title: Advertising/Rights Intern
Reports To: Advertising Assistant/UK rights
The Advertising/Rights Intern will assist the Advertising Department with the photocopying, updating the advertising database, preparing marketing packets, and generally gaining experience in the advertising department. The Intern will also be responsible for dealing with any translated editions of PUP books sent to the US office.
- Researches advertising opportunities in various subject areas for the benefit of the advertising department.
- Updates and maintains advertising databases with correct publication rates and contacts to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares marketing packets for distribution at launch meetings.
- Assembles monthly advertising notebook to display and circulate ads within the Press.
- Communicates by phone and email with Press employees and outside advertising contacts as need by the department.
- Receives boxes of translated editions form foreign publishers.
- Identifies which books should be sent directly to authors and which should be mailed to the European office of PUP.
- Liaise with the rights Manager about sending copies.
- Prepares author letters and mails books directly to authors.
- Mails translated editions to the European office.
Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
The Advertising/Rights Intern reports to both the Advertising Assistant and Rights Manager. There are typically no direct reports to this position.
Challenges and Opportunities
The Advertising/Rights Intern is able to participate in the various activities associated with the advertising of a variety of scholarly books, and to become familiar with the foreign language process.
- Must be attending a four-year college or university.
- Must posses strong organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Word and the internet, and be familiar with databases.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
This is a typical office-type environment with heavy computer use.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org