Princeton University Press offers unpaid internships in several areas of publishing. These internships can qualify for course credit - please check with your course advisor. Internships are for one semester and require you to be present an average of 15 hours per week.
Job Title: Publicity Intern
Reports To: Publicity Assistant
The Publicity Intern will assist the department with the photocopying, circulating and filing of all reviews received, managing the publicity database, and departmental mailings.
- Scans print media into the shared drive for easy retrieval in the future.
- Copies mailings for distribution of Press materials through the warehouse.
- Attends departmental meetings to get an overall view of the function of the publicity department.
- Conducts research related to various books for marketing purposes.
- Researches online blogs for specific topics to obtain information for marketing and publicity, and initiates and monitors blogs on various topics related to specific books.
- Updates mailing lists in the database to ensure they are current and accurate.
- Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
The Publicity Intern reports to the Publicity Assistant. There are typically no direct reports to this position.
Challenges and Opportunities
The Publicity Intern is able to participate in the various activities associated with the publicity of a variety of scholarly books. The incumbent becomes familiar with reviews, sending books out in response to a variety of requests, and maintaining a publicity database for various mailings.
- Must be attending a four-year college or university with a strong concentration, or major, in the humanities, preferably English or Communications.
- Must have a high proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Must possess strong organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Word and the internet, and be familiar with databases.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
Ability to sit, use hands, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required will include close vision, distance vision, color vision may apply. This is a typical office-type working environment.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com