The Sales and Inventory Analyst Manager manages sales data and daily communications with online booksellers. This person monitors sales and inventory of press print titles at Amazon and Amazon Canada, and suggests stocking orders via Amazon’s online portal, Vendor Central. This person also manages online marketing campaigns on these sites. This person is also the first point of contact for other online booksellers. The position ingests, manages, and analyzes point of sale data from Amazon, BookScan, and other vendors. The position also monitors the press’s inventory and initiates reprints.
- Amazon sales management: Monitors print inventory and sales of press titles at Amazon, supplies to Amazon sites publicity and marketing information, suggests purchase order quantities for active and forthcoming titles, monitors Amazon Vendor Central reports to maximize in stock status, manages and analyzes co-op marketing opportunities, works with press and distributor to troubleshoot any operational issues as they arise, and serves as first point of contact for various press queries to Amazon.
- Data aggregation and analysis: Downloads and archives point of sale data from Amazon and other vendors (Nielsen BookScan, BookNet Canada, etc.), analyzes sales and inventory in various market channels, and supports the sales department in effectively managing national accounts.
- Reprints: Monitors press inventory alongside inventory in retail and wholesale channels and initiates reprints with production department.
- On-site marketing: manages coop budget and initiates campaigns for Press’ titles on online book sites.
- Assists sales department in preparations for semi-annual sales conference and seasonal selling cycle. Duties include assisting in compiling data for sales department including researching comp titles, comparative sales information, etc.
- Attends internal meetings and regularly reports to press management on state of inventory and sales at Amazon.
- Point of contact for other online booksellers in North America.
- Assists Director of Sales and Associate Director of Sales in the building of reports for analysis of sales history for individual titles and groups of titles.
- Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
Challenges and Opportunities:
Person must be extremely organized and meticulous. Person must be able to juggle multiple data sources and partial information to make purchasing recommendations to Amazon and to make suggested reprint quantities internally. Must be able to process enormous quantities of information and make use of relevant information.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university. 3-5 years’ experience in publishing. Previous experience with Amazon or other national accounts is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with a positive, proactive, and efficient approach to managing a demanding workload.
- Disciplined and consistent with a strong sense of follow-through.
- Good time management and attention to detail. Ability to multitask
- Sales or marketing experience desirable.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Access.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Sales@press.princeton.edu.
Only finalists will be contacted. EOE.
Return to Job Opportunities
File created March 20, 2017