Princeton University Press is seeking a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial statements and handling various areas in payables and receivables.
- Assists in the month end close procedures, including account reconciliations.
- Assists senior leadership in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Records and verifies transactions related to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process, including processing and depositing checks and posting to correct account and issuing payments.
- Assists department heads with accounting issues and various analysis, and provide monthly reporting to compare actual spending vs budget.
- Where applicable, identify areas to improve workflow and improve documentation. Assist management in implementing efficiencies and improvement measures.
- Participate in Special Projects.
Additional Job Functions
- Assists in all other general accounting activities as required.
- Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Associate Controller.
Challenges and Opportunities
The greatest challenge in this position is to manage large amounts of data in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. The incumbent must be able to cope with and effectively manage a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of two years in an accounting position, audit experience a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics DSL accounting system experience a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle multi-task situations, and coordinate efforts across functions.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels of colleagues.
This is an office type environment with heavy computer use.
To apply, please submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Return to Job Opportunities
File created June 12, 2017