Albert Einstein's writings are protected by copyright and their reproduction is permitted through licenses in print, digital, visual, and audio media.
Publication and Other Uses of Material
If you wish to reproduce material for publication in print, digital, or any other form, including but not limited to the uses listed below, you need to obtain the written permission in advance.
- Publication in any hard copy form (i.e. book, periodical).
- Use in television, film or video.
- Publication in any electronic form.
- Duplication in any networked or public site, or in any "virtual library" (but you may incorporate the URL for certain material, though not the material itself, in your personal hypertext).
- Public display in any form of electronic or hard copy (except for a single copy for use in an academic lecture of seminar).
- Duplication by photocopying or any other means for use in any teaching pack.
For unpublished material or for material originally published after 1971 or published in The Collected Papers of Albert Einstein, please contact Princeton University Press to obtain permission to publish reproduction of material.
For material originally published prior to 1971, please contact the Albert Einstein Archives at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem to obtain permission to publish reproduction of material.
Einstein's texts are available for publication in translation in many languages.
Einstein's name and image may be licensed for use in commercials or advertisements in various media, including newspapers, magazines, television, film, or video.
File created: 7/21/2008
Questions and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Princeton University Press