How we use your personal information
(in pdf format)
2. Who are We?
We are Princeton University Press. Our European Office is located at 6 Oxford Street, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1TR, United Kingdom (http://press.princeton.edu/europe/).
Princeton University Press has notified the Information Commissioner's Office and is registered on the Data Protection Register under registration number Z9575658.
3. What information do We collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of transactions you carry out through Our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- information that you provide by filling in forms via Our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our site, subscribing to Our new books notices or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information and feedback when we have sent you books and when you report a problem with Our site;
- if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- We may also ask you to complete surveys and provide feedback on books we may send you. We use this information for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to these requests.
4. How will We use Your Information?
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us; and
- to notify you about changes to Our service.
If you do not want Us to use Your Information in this way, please update your marketing preferences by contacting Us at email@example.com.
5. Will We share Your Information with third parties?
We will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose Your Information to third parties for commercial purposes. We may however disclose Your Information to third parties:
- who are our service providers to the extent necessary to perform their functions. For example, we may disclose Your information to University Press Group Limited to process and fulfil your orders;
- if We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Princeton University Press or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
6. Will We transfer Your Information overseas?
7. How do We protect Your Information?
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our site or sent to us via email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Access to Your Information, correction, and unsubscribing
- to find out more about how your data will be used, or to make a complaint, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- you have the right to request a copy of the information that We hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information We hold about you, please contact Us at Princeton University Press, 6 Oxford Street, Woodstock OX20 1TR or email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this;
- We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting Us at Princeton University Press, 6 Oxford Street, Woodstock OX20 1TR or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- you have the right to ask Us not to use Your Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact Us at email@example.com; and
- We hope you will be happy with the way We handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem – for more information visit www.ico.gov.uk.
10. How to contact Us
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
or write to Princeton University Press, 6 Oxford Street, Woodstock OX20 1TR.