Glauco Cambon draws on twenty-five years of commitment to Montale's poetry and prose for this extended critical analysis.
Originally published in 1983.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- FrontMatter, pg. i
- CONTENTS, pg. vii
- PREFACE, pg. ix
- 1. INTRODUCTION: THE SEA OF BEING, pg. 1
- 2. THE DESCENT INTO TIME, pg. 34
- 3. THE OCCASIONS OF EPIPHANY, pg. 54
- 4. THE PURGATORIAL SYNDROME, pg. 90
- 5. ANIMAL VITALITY, pg. 153
- 6. A DREAM IN REASON’S PRESENCE, pg. 191
- 7. THE WAY OF NEGATION, pg. 205
- INDEX OF MONTALE TITLES AND THEIR TRANSLATIONS, pg. 259
- GENERAL INDEX, pg. 265
Other Princeton books authored or coauthored by Glauco Cambon: