Centers upon the protagonists of Julius Caesar, Macbeth, Othello, Coriolanus, and Antony and Cleopatra.
Originally published in 1965.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- Frontmatter, pg. i
- Acknowledgments, pg. v
- Contents, pg. vii
- List of Bibliographical Abbreviations, pg. 1
- Introduction, pg. 3
- I. Brutus: The Image of the Patriot, pg. 10
- II. Macbeth: The Manly Image, pg. 51
- III. Othello and Coriolanus: The Image of the Warrior, pg. 92
- IV. Antony and Cleopatra: The Heroic Image, pg. 171
- Bibliography, pg. 237
- Index, pg. 245