Contents: Foreword ix; I. Social Science in Crisis 1; II. The Concept of "Culture" 11; III. The Pattern of American Culture 54; IV. The Social Sciences as Tools 114; V. Values and the Social Sciences 180; VI. Some Outrageous Hypotheses 202; Index 251
Originally published in 1939.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- Frontmatter, pg. i
- Contents, pg. vii
- Foreword, pg. ix
- I. Social Science in Crisis, pg. 1
- II. The Concept of "Culture", pg. 11
- III. The Pattern of American Culture, pg. 54
- IV. The Social Sciences as Tools, pg. 114
- V. Values and the Social Sciences, pg. 180
- VI. Some Outrageous Hypotheses, pg. 202
- Index, pg. 251
Another Princeton book authored or coauthored by Robert Staughton Lynd: