A richly illustrated hook by an experienced historian, tracing in 476 pictures and text the story of Princeton life from the beginning to the present.
Originally published in 1947.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- Frontmatter, pg. i
- Preface and Acknowledgment, pg. v
- Table of Contents, pg. vi
- The Early Period 1746–1795, pg. 1
- The Middle Period 1795-1888, pg. 19
- The Recent Period 1888–1947, pg. 57
- Princeton in War, pg. 105
- Undergraduate Life, pg. 119
- Alumni Reunions, pg. 176
- Princeton’s Anniversaries, pg. 181
- Index, pg. 199