This bilingual edition is a selection of fiftyone poems representing all phases of Valeri's extraordinarily long career, from 1910 to 1976. Also included is an essay by Valeri, in which he records the sensations--and reflections on his work--that were occasioned by his reading the proof for the collected edition of his poems.
Originally published in 1989.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- FrontMatter, pg. i
- Contents, pg. vii
- Preface, pg. ix
- Acknowledgments, pg. xiii
- From Poesie (1962; 1967). 1910-1930, pg. 1
- From Poesie (1962; 1967). 1930-1950, pg. 29
- From Poesie (1962; 1967). 1950-1965: I, pg. 63
- From Poesie (1962; 1967). 1950-1965: II, pg. 73
- From Verita di uno (1970), pg. 85
- From Calle del vento (1975), pg. 95
- From Poesie inedite, o "come" (1977), pg. 123
- From Tempo e Poesia (1904), pg. 133