We've been assured that the recession is over, but the country and the economy continue to feel the effects of the 2008 financial crisis, and people are still searching for answers about what caused it, what it has wrought, and how we can recover. This selection from the best-selling book This Time Is Different--the definitive history of financial crises, including the recent subprime meltdown--answers these questions and more.
Princeton Shorts are brief selections excerpted from influential Princeton University Press publications produced exclusively in eBook format. They are selected with the firm belief that while the original work remains an important and enduring product, sometimes we can all benefit from a quick take on a topic worthy of a longer book.
In a world where every second counts, how better to stay up-to speed on current events and digest the kernels of wisdom found in the great works of the past? Princeton Shorts enables you to be an instant expert in a world where information is everywhere but quality is at a premium. The Second Great Contraction does just that.
Table of Contents:
- FrontMatter, pg. i
- Authors’ Note, pg. iii
- The U.S. Subprime Meltdown and the Second Great Contraction, pg. 199
- 13. The U.S. Subprime Crisis: An International and Historical Comparison, pg. 202
- 14. The Aftermath Of Financial Crises, pg. 223
- 15. The International Dimensions Of The Subprime Crisis: The Results Of Contagion Or Common Fundamentals?, pg. 240
- 16. Composite Measures of Financial Turmoil, pg. 248
- NOTES, pg. 403
- About the Authors, pg. 408
Another Princeton book authored or coauthored by Carmen M. Reinhart:
Other Princeton books authored or coauthored by Kenneth S. Rogoff: