This is an authoritative photographic guide to the birds and land and marine mammals most likely to be encountered in the Falkland Islands, featuring 43 stunning color plates and a complete checklist of the birds.
- Comprehensive photographic guide to the Falkland Islands, covering the regularly occurring birds and mammals most likely to be encountered
- 43 stunning photographic plates illustrating the key identification features
- Full checklist of all 227 species of bird believed to have occurred on the islands
- The layout and text are written in an easy-to-read style, with notes on distribution, population, and conservations status
- Sections on topography, vegetation, and climate
"[T]he wildlife guide of choice for those planning to visit the Falkland Islands. . . . Highly recommended!"--Chris Sharpe
"[T]his is a very nice little book, which is ideal for visitors to the Falkland Islands and deserves to do well. It effectively replaces the earlier field guides."--Andrew Clarke, Ibis