Princeton University Press (PUP) seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized college graduate to support two editors. The Editorial Assistant will assist in the acquisition, development, and publishing of distinctive and outstanding books in the fields of Neuroscience, Computer Science, Math, and Engineering, and will serve as a liaison both between authors and the Press, and between departments within the Press. The EA will take a central and collaborative role in the day-to-day management of the lists and will gain essential and detailed experience on all aspects of editorial and other processes involved in book publishing. The EA will be responsible for maintaining data integrity for all books on the lists, anticipating and contributing to the efficient flow of materials and information, and must be able to facilitate effective communication within the organization and beyond.
- A genuine interest in and intellectual engagement with the publication of scholarly books.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain excellent professional demeanor and be able to convey information accurately. A proofreading test, writing sample, or other evaluation may be required at the time of interview.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage detail-oriented projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to work independently toward the collaborative and common goals of the lists, the editorial department, and the Press.
- An interest in science and/or math preferred, but no proficiency in either subject required.
- Degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency, including with databases, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Physical Demands: This is a typical office environment with heavy computer use. Travel required approximately one to four times per year to attend conferences, where the ability to lift heavy boxes is occasionally required.
Base Salary: $37,000
The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with with easy car access to Route 1 and walking distance from the Princeton train station.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter salary requirements and a description of what you’re currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit https://press.princeton.edu/
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created September 9, 2019