Location: Woodstock, Nr Oxford
Deadline for Application: Wednesday 1st August 2018
Princeton University Press seeks a motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized Editorial Assistant (EA) to support two editors. The successful candidate will assist in the acquisition, development, and publishing of outstanding books in the Humanities and Social Sciences, and will serve as a liaison both between authors and the Press, and between departments within the Press. The EA will take a central and collaborative role in the day-to-day management of the lists and will gain essential and detailed experience on all aspects of editorial and other processes involved in book publishing. The EA will be responsible for maintaining data integrity for all books on the lists, anticipating and contributing to the efficient flow of materials and information, and must be able to facilitate effective communication within the organization and beyond.
- A genuine interest in and intellectual engagement with the publication of scholarly books.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to convey information accurately. A proofreading test, writing sample, or other evaluation may be required at the time of interview.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage detail-oriented projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Ability to work independently toward the collaborative and common goals of the lists, the editorial department, and the Press.
- Computer proficiency, including with databases and Microsoft Office.
- Some travel to conferences or to cover publicity events will be required.
Base Salary: £21,000 dependant on experience
To apply: please email a cv and covering letter, plus current salary details and notice period to email@example.com
Closing date for applications Wednesday 1st August 2018.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit https://press.princeton.edu/
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created July 6, 2018