Princeton University Press (PUP) seeks an energetic, resourceful, and detail-oriented Exhibits Assistant to assist with the preparation of marketing materials to promote books at academic conferences. This is an entry level role and ideally suited for a recent college graduate with relevant internship experience.
The Press is one of the top academic publishers in the country. PUP hosts booths at approximately 50 academic conferences per year, and participates in group displays at over 130 additional conferences. The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1.
- Assists the Director of Exhibits with the range of activities to manage the exhibits program at Princeton University Press (PUP)
- Coordinate logistics for a minimum of 5 conferences annually
- Attend a minimum of 2 conferences a year
- Assist with preparation of conference order forms and flyers
- Prepare posters, proof and additional promotional items for conferences
- Process conference orders and handle customer service
- Prepare copy for program advertising
- Assist with ordering books, packing display materials and coordinating shipping to conferences
- Prepare listings for combined publisher displays and manage vendor relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University or equivalent experience, and an interest in publishing
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow-up with projects
- A team player who can coordinate well with internal and external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to keep track of and meet numerous deadlines
- Required lifting up to 15lbs, packing and moving boxes for shipment
- 25% travel a year required
- Proofreading test required during interview process
Base Salary: $35,000 but negotiable per relevant experience
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: email@example.com.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created May 14, 2018