Princeton University Press (PUP) seeks a motivated, dedicated, and inquisitive analyst to join the Finance department to help drive analysis and planning in support of its important scholarly publishing mission. In this role, you will be part of a growing, global press in a dynamic industry.
The ideal candidate has 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in gathering and interpreting data, and turning it into useful information, aiding management decision-making. In this role, you will interact with a diversity of individuals, working both independently and within teams.
The Press is one of the world’s foremost academic publishers, headquartered in a historic building on the Princeton University campus, within walking distance from downtown Princeton and with easy car access to Route 1. Press employees enjoy a very competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing periodic sales and costs reports, and making projections based on analysis.
- Improving and developing new concise reports for decision makers.
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts, and business partnering with staff from all areas of the Press.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement or explanation of variances.
- Determining operational costs/benefits for a wide range of activities, through collection of operational, financial, and market data.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Board meeting presentations.
- Contributing to successful team effort by accomplishing results on a timely basis.
- Participates in special projects; potential project management of small to medium-sized initiatives.
- Familiarity with GL and accounting, financial statements, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Effective presentation abilities, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficiency with other Microsoft applications. Access. proficiency is a plus. Experience with Microsoft Accounting packages is also a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams having varying backgrounds on complex issues.
- Analytical skills with the ability to gather data and convert it to information which tells a story.
- Self-starter, maintaining focus to achieve goals and objectives.
- Proactivity; taking initiative to apply critical thinking as to how information can help drive and improve success for the Press mission.
- Strong organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability and desire to meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Eager to increase knowledge and experience through workshops, reading, education.
- Understanding of the Press’s unique charge – to balance its role as a non-profit with its need to operate a commercially, self-sustaining business.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university, in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, business administration or another related field.
- Desire and capacity to grow analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Effective and creative presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
This position reports to the Director of Finance Operations.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: email@example.com.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created July 11, 2018