Princeton University Press seeks an energetic, resourceful, and detail-oriented Marketing Assistant to support the Associate Director of Marketing Operations and the Senior Textbook Promotions Manager. This is a 30 hours/week entry level role focused on support in the area of textbook and marketing promotions, and ideally suited for a recent college graduate with relevant internship experience. While the role is budgeted for 30 hours a week, there is a possible opportunity that the role could be expanded to full-time (37.5hours/week) after an evaluation period.
- Preparing materials and catalog copy for design
- Proofreading and copyediting promotional materials
- Research target audiences
- Coordinating mailing of promotional material with printers
- Create and implement email campaigns
- Input and extract information from in-house database regarding creation of promotions
- Follow up with customer correspondence regarding textbook requests
- Willingness to explore new marketing opportunities
- Degree from a 4-year College or University, and an interest in publishing
- Relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- Familiarity with book publishing
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels, both in-house and with vendors
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to keep track of and meet numerous deadlines; ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner and effectively re-prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient with MSWord, Outlook, and Excel
- Desktop publishing (InDesign) and HTML skills a plus
- Proofreading test required
Base Salary: $17.95/hour
The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1.
Email resumé and cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: email@example.com.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created January 24, 2019