Princeton University Press, Europe (based in Woodstock, UK)
Deadline for Application: Friday 12 July 2019
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our friendly office in Woodstock, UK. The person appointed will report to the Head of Marketing (Europe) and will work closely with the European publicity team as well as with colleagues in the Princeton, New Jersey office.
Key tasks will include
- Liaising with academic authors over the marketing and publicity of their books.
- Coordinating with our warehouse to ensure review copies are distributed.
- Supporting authors with flyers and books at events in the UK and Europe.
- Managing email campaigns directed at academic journals.
- Helping to plan and coordinate attendance and book displays at a range of conferences in the UK and Europe.
- Responding to requests from journals and the media.
- Researching specialist marketing outlets.
- Monitoring and recording review coverage of PUP books.
- Helping to update and maintain the publicity database.
- Producing flyers and occasional posters and invitations.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the marketing and publicity teams.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and a flexible attitude.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Good communication skills – via email, in person, and via the telephone.
- Comfortable communicating with many different people in different job functions and at different levels.
- Close attention to detail.
- Fully IT literate and able to pick up new processes quickly.
- Proficient users of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of InDesign beneficial.
- Experience with database work preferred.
- Experience of working in a busy office preferred.
This is a permanent position. It is based at Princeton’s European office which is in Woodstock, just north of Oxford. The office is accessible by car, bus, and bicycle from Oxford.
The main offices of PUP are in Princeton, New Jersey. PUP Europe is based in Woodstock outside Oxford. It is a small office comprising editorial staff, the International Rights Department, the Audio books team, and the European publicity and marketing team.
Salary: Depending on skills and experience. PUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
To apply: please email a cv and covering letter, plus current salary details and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Friday, 12 July 2019.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit https://press.princeton.edu/
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created June 26, 2019