Princeton University Press is seeking a Senior Production Coordinator on a 12-month temporary assignment. This role requires a passion for publishing and desire to join a dedicated and creative team who strive to uphold the quality and reputation of the publishing program. This position will play a key role in the production department. The Senior Production Coordinator reports to the Production Manager.
This position is a full-time 12 month temporary assignment with the potential to convert to regular-status employment at the end of the assignment. The hourly rate range for this position is $23.00 to $25.75 an hour. The Press is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown and with easy car access to Route 1.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of 40-50 frontlist and/or reprint titles per season.
- Coordinate release of files for typesetting and print production; communicate directly with outside vendors, review and route proofs to creative and editorial departments.
- Estimate and recommend the best vendor solutions for each project, considering print quantity, materials, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Enter cost data into company title management system.
- Monitor and maintain print production schedules to ensure schedule targets are met.
- Issue purchase orders, receive and approve final invoices for payment.
- Monitor finished books to ensure consistent quality controls. Troubleshoot technical, procedural and quality issues.
- Handle special projects, provide administrative support to staff as necessary.
- 5-7 yrs book production experience with a domestic focus. eBook and composition / typesetter management experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of print and prepress/digital production needs.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to think and react gracefully in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proficient MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visithttp://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created December 1, 2017