Princeton University Press seeks an experienced Senior SQL Developer for a 12-month term position. The purpose of the Senior SQL Developer is to perform SQL Development functions including: design new or enhance existing enterprise database systems, maintain or develop critical databases processes, perform unit and system testing, perform support and help desk tasks. The position is responsible for creating SSRS reports by collaborating with management team. This position is also responsible for ETL functions between a multitude of relational databases and external data files.
This is a full-time 12-month term position with benefits. Near the end of the assignment, there will be an assessment of the long-term need for the role.
- Assist with the design and development of a new data warehouse.
- Prepare ETL packages/scripts.
- Develop and maintain complex software systems.
- Acquire extensive business and system knowledge.
- Apply system knowledge to diagnose and solve complex problems.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, peer reviews and documentation.
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, inspections, and reviews.
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices.
- 6-8 years of experienced in SQL development and queries in Microsoft SQL server using T-SQL.
- 2-4 years of experienced in Python script writing.
- Strong SQL with performance optimization techniques.
- Strong experience with data warehouse design.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be self-directed, analytical, adept to problem-solving, and have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- BS Degree or higher in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
The Press provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package and is located in a historic building on Princeton University’s campus that is walking distance from downtown Princeton with easy car access to Route 1.
Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created May 1, 2019