Princeton University Press (PUP) seeks an experienced Social Media Manager to join the Promotions team. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of marketing or publicity experience, with 3+ years of professional experience managing social media, ideally for a publisher, non-profit, or higher education institution. The candidate must be proficient with analytics tools; be detail oriented; have exceptionally strong writing skills, including spelling and grammar; and be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ability to collaborate, thrive in a team and be adaptive as projects evolve is also critical. The Social Media Manager reports to and coordinates closely with the Global Promotions Director. They are a member of the Global Promotions department and work closely with department publicists, as well as members of the Press’ design and marketing teams. Partial remote work is possible for this role but interested candidates should be able to get to Princeton, NJ at least once per week on average, more during key planning meetings such as summer and winter launches.
- In close coordination with Global Promotions Director, guides social media strategy and growth goals across platforms and for global institutional communications and seasonal lists and oversees an annual budget for social media boosting.
- Serves as internal and external point of contact for social media communication of institutional news, book campaigns, author events, backlist promotions, and conference promotions; offers guidance to PUP staff on social media best practice.
- Working closely with the Director of Global Promotions and collaborating closely with publicists on book and author messaging, oversees the scheduling of content across PUP social media platforms, including the Princeton Nature platforms and the soon-to-be launched Princeton Audio platforms. Oversees daily engagement with likes, mentions, etc. across all PUP platforms.
- Monitors cross-channel analytics, manages a weekly analytics report, and drafts a quarterly social media newsletter for internal circulation.
- Participates in author calls/meetings to communicate social media plans for books and authors.
- Works closely with PUP’s in-house designers to request and track digital assets for organic and paid social media, including quote cards, cover mockups, and Twitter banners.
- Liaises with publicists, editors, and authors on the timing and messaging of these assets.
- Schedules and tracks analytics and budgeting for Goodreads promotions.
- Oversees and updates the author events calendar for the PUP website and Facebook page.
- Liaises with the Curator of Ideas and Content Partnerships to ensure cross pollination of blog content across social media platforms.
- 3+ years professional experience managing social media, including experience with Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Goodreads, and Medium.
- Experience with social listening, measurement, and analytics. Familiarity with Cision and AltMetric a plus.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns and strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task; keep a close eye on details and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- A demonstrated interest in book and ideas.
- Some remote flexibility to work will be considered for applicable applicants.
Email resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter salary requirements and a description of what you’re currently reading and what’s on your “to read” list.
Only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
File created July 5, 2019