This detailed guide to the reptiles and amphibians of Britain, Ireland, and the Channel Islands has been produced, with the collaboration of the Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust, with the aim of inspiring an increased level of interest in these exciting and fascinating animals. It is designed to help anyone who finds a lizard, snake, turtle, tortoise, terrapin, frog, toad, or newt to identify it with confidence.
- Stunning photography
- An easy-to-use approach to identification
- Superbly illustrated introductory sections on the biology and conservation, taxonomy, lifecycle, and behavior of each species group
- Profiles of the 16 native reptiles and amphibians that breed in Britain, Ireland, and the Channel Islands and the 5 marine turtles that visit Britain’s seas
- Profiles of 7 established nonnative species and a summary of 8 more with a history of release/escape
- Distribution maps based on the latest available information
- Hints and tips on where, when, and how to watch reptiles and amphibians