- 600+ color photos. 10 line illus. 76 maps.
Britain’s Butterflies is a comprehensive and beautifully designed photographic field guide to the butterflies of Britain and Ireland. Containing hundreds of stunning colour photographs, this revised and updated edition provides the latest information on every species ever recorded. It covers in detail the identification of all 59 butterfly species that breed regularly, as well as four former breeders, 10 rare migrants and one species of unknown status. The easy-to-use format will enable butterfly-watchers—beginners or experts—to identify any species they encounter.
- Stunning colour plates show typical views of each butterfly species, including the various forms and aberrations
- Detailed species profiles cover adult identification; behaviour; habitat requirements; population and conservation; egg, caterpillar and chrysalis; and status and distribution, including up-to-date maps
- Photographs of egg, caterpillar and chrysalis for every breeding species
- Sections on biology, where to look for and how to identify butterflies and other essential information