- Sale Price:
- Jul 26, 2010
- 7 x 10 in.
- 580+ color photos. 135 color maps.
75% discount on orders shipping in the US & Canada with code JANSALE. Offer good while supplies last.
- Not for sale in the European Union
- Download Cover
This is the ultimate identification guide to the nightjars, potoos, frogmouths, Oilbird, and owlet-nightjars of the world. Covering all 135 known species of these elusive and cryptically plumaged birds, this illustrated guide features more than 580 superb color photographs depicting every species and many subspecies, including numerous images never before published. Photos of museum specimens are provided for birds for which no images in the wild exist, including species not seen since their original discovery. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, confusion species, vocalizations, distribution, habitat and altitudinal range, breeding season and sites, egg type and clutch size, downy chick, status, and Red List category. This easy-to-use photographic guide also includes a color distribution map for every species as well as sections on plumage, taxonomy, and more.
- The ultimate identification guide to these elusive birds
- Covers all 135 known species
- Features more than 580 color photos
- Provides detailed species accounts and a color distribution map for every species
- Includes sections on plumage, taxonomy, and more