- $19.95 / £16.99
- Mar 1, 2015
- 5 x 7.75 in.
- 80 color plates. 50 color & b&w illus. 1 map.
Sharks are some of the most misunderstood animals on the planet. We still have a lot to learn about these fascinating creatures, which are more seriously threatened with extinction and in greater need of conservation and management than any other major group of vertebrates.
A Pocket Guide to Sharks of the World is the first field guide to identify, illustrate, and describe the world’s 501 shark species. Its compact format makes it handy for many situations, including recognizing living species, fishery catches, or parts sold at markets. The book also contains useful sections on identifying shark teeth and the shark fins most commonly encountered in the fin trade. A Pocket Guide to Sharks of the World is an essential resource for fisheries management, international trade regulation, and shark conservation.
- The first pocket guide to all 501 shark species
- Each species is illustrated and described
- Handy, compact format with concise text
- A six-page guide to the identification of shark teeth
- An eight-page guide to the identification of shark fins