Click to enlarge
An Identification Guide to the Birds of Britain and Ireland
Rob Hume, Robert Still, Andy Swash, Hugh Harrop & David Tipling
Britain's Birds will be enjoyed, valued and constantly referred to by all bird watchers—whether beginner, experienced or professional. This is the most comprehensive, up-to-date and practical bird book of modern times, featuring an unrivalled selection of photographs that show all the plumages you are likely to see. Focusing on identification, and containing maps, facts and figures on numbers and distributions, this breakthrough publication was devised by a team of lifelong birdwatchers, all with many years' experience of showing people birds and producing user-friendly field guides.
- Comprehensive coverage of every bird recorded in Britain and Ireland
- The only photographic guide to show all plumages likely to be encountered
- More than 3,200 superb colour photographs carefully selected to show key identification features
- Many photographs of individual rare birds identified in Britain and Ireland
- Simple steps to help you find and identify any bird you see
- Pages designed to allow easy and accurate comparison
- Latest information on status, population, distribution and conservation designations
- Distribution maps featuring summer, winter and resident ranges, plus details of migration routes to and from Britain and Ireland
First published in 2016.Rob Hume, a freelance writer and editor for 35 years and editor of RSPB publications from 1983 to 2009, was Chairman of the British Birds Rarities Committee, and has led wildlife holidays in the UK, Europe and Africa. Robert Still, co-founder and publishing director of WILDGuides, is an ecologist and widely travelled naturalist. Working in computer graphics since their inception, he has developed a high level of expertise in digital imaging and designed many books. Andy Swash has been involved professionally in nature conservation since 1977 and is managing director of WILDGuides. A renowned photographer, he leads photographic tours worldwide, and has devised, co-authored and edited many books. Hugh Harrop founded the ecotourism business Shetland Wildlife and is one of Shetland's top birders and naturalists. His award-winning photographs have been published throughout Europe and North America. David Tipling, one of the world's most widely published wildlife photographers, is author or commissioned photographer for many books and writes regularly for leading wildlife and photographic magazines.