The Boardwalk & the Lakes
Click to enlarge
Walk the Trails in and around Princeton
Revised to Include the Newest Trails
This is an attractive, pocket-friendly guide to walks on sixteen of the best trails through preserved open space in Princeton, New Jersey, and its neighboring towns. This revised edition includes eight new walks, several of which have been created on land that has been preserved since the popular guide was originally published in 2009. The walks range from two to four miles, but many include suggestions for trail connections that allow you to extend your hike if you choose. The guide includes detailed color maps of the trails, directions on how to get to them and where to park, and recommendations for the most scenic routes. Each walk has been designed with a "reason to walk" in mind: a special boulder or waterfall to find, a bit of local history or a beautiful vista to enjoy. The guide is illustrated with specially commissioned color photographs, sixteen of which are featured on detachable postcards.
- A guide to 16 trails through preserved open space in Princeton and neighboring towns
- Directions for how to get there and where to park
- Detailed walking directions, trail distances, and color trail maps
- Suggestions for connections to other trails
- 8 new walks are featured in this revised edition, including the Scott and Hella McVay Poetry Trail, the Stony Brook Trail, and the trails at St. Michaels Farm Preserve
- Specially commissioned color photographs
- 16 detachable color postcards
- Proceeds benefit D&R Greenway Land Trust, Friends of Princeton Open Space, and The Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Association to support trail maintenance and land stewardship
Sophie Glovier is an author and environmental advocate who is passionate about the preservation of open space and the importance of connecting people to nature. She is a member of the Princeton Environmental Commission and has served as a board member of D&R Greenway Land Trust, Friends of Princeton Open Space, and The Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Association.