Minerals of the World
Minerals of the World is an attractive and up-to-date guide to more than 500 minerals from around the world. The succinct text--covering crystallography, properties, names and varieties, structure, diagnostic features, and occurrence--and the discussion of less common minerals not found in other guides make this an invaluable resource. With over 600 exquisite color photographs and crystallographic diagrams, this book is unequalled. It is set to become the field guide of choice for mineral collectors and students of mineralogy.
- The most up-to-date popular guide to minerals available
- Text covers crystallography, physical properties, chemical properties, names and varieties, diagnostic features, and occurrence
- More than 500 minerals treated with examples from around the world
- More than 600 superb color photographs and crystallographic diagrams
- Tabular overview of common minerals and their properties
Ole Johnsen is Curator of the Geological Museum at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. He has widely written on minerals in popular and scientific magazines and periodicals, and has served on the committees of national and international organizations including the International Mineralogical Association and the Mineralogical Society of America.