The Kingdon Pocket Guide to African Mammals
This is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in wildlife who visits Africa--from the tourist on safari to the more experienced naturalist. Compact and beautifully illustrated, it is ideal for use in the field, while its coverage is the most comprehensive for any book of its size.
- First pocket guide to cover every species of terrestrial African mammal
- Adapted from the highly acclaimed Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals
- Fully illustrated with the author's superb color artwork
- Easy-to-read distribution maps
- Concise text and clear layout for quick, easy reference
- Practical format makes it ideal for use in the field
First published in 2005.Jonathan Kingdon is one of the world's foremost authorities on the mammals of Africa, and also a highly acclaimed artist. American Scientist listed Kingdon's East African Mammals: An Atlas of Evolution in Africa as "one of a hundred books that shaped science in the twentieth century." This pocket guide has been adapted from his classic Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals.