This book combines an analysis of The Faerie Queene's, total form with an exposition of its allegorical content.
Originally published in 1977.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- FrontMatter, pg. i
- Contents, pg. vii
- Preface, pg. ix
- Abbreviations, pg. xix
- I. The One and the Many, pg. 1
- II. The Book of Life, pg. 87
- III. Books of the Governors, pg. 283
- IV. The Conjugation of the World, pg. 427
- V. The Word of God and the Words of Men, pg. 653
- VI. In Daemogorgon's Hall: The Forming-Power of a Renaissance Imagination, pg. 735
- Analytical Table of Contents, pg. 793
- Index, pg. 803