- Aug 25, 2013
- 8 x 10 in.
- 72 color plates. 13 color illus. 7 line illus. 86 color maps.
This stunningly illustrated guide to the world’s primates covers nearly 300 species, from the feather-light and solitary pygmy mouse lemurs of Madagascar—among the smallest primates known to exist—to the regal mountain gorillas of Africa. Organized by region and spanning every family of primates on Earth, the book features 72 splendid color plates, facing-page descriptions of key features of each family, and 86 color distribution maps.
Primates of the World also includes concise introductory chapters that discuss the latest findings on primate origins and evolution, behavior and adaptations, and classification, making it the most comprehensive and up-to-date primate guide available.
- Covers nearly 300 species and every family of primates worldwide
- Features 72 color plates — the finest illustrations of primates ever produced
- Includes facing-page descriptions for each family and 86 color distribution maps
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date guide to the world’s primates