Whales and Dolphins of the North American Pacific
Including Seals and Other Marine Mammals
Graeme Cresswell, Dylan Walker & Todd Pusser
This is the first comprehensive photographic guide to the marine mammals of the North American Pacific (from Baja California in Mexico to southeast Alaska), featuring stunning color photographs of all 39 species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises, as well as 6 species of seals and sea lions, and the sea otter.
- Provides detailed information on all 39 species of whales, dolphins, and porpoises, the 6 species of seals and sea lions, and the sea otter, focusing on identification, behavior, and distribution
- Includes 45 remarkable color plates showing typical views of marine mammals as most people see them--from land or from a boat. These have been produced using the latest digital image technology, and include photographs of some species that have never before been published
- Features a comprehensive section on behavior, packed with amazing photographs, which aims to help the reader get more out of their whale-watching experience than ever before
- Also includes detailed sections on where, when, and how to go whale watching, and four accounts by leading experts of outstanding days on the water
- Easy-to-use format helps whale-watchers identify any species they encounter, whether they are a beginner or an expert
First published in 2050.Dylan Walker and Graeme Cresswell are coauthors of several books, including the WILDGuides title Whales and Dolphins of the European Atlantic. Walker works for whale and dolphin conservation charity ORCA, and co-owns ethical ecotourism business Planet Whale. Cresswell is a founding member of ORCA. Todd Pusser is a marine biologist and wildlife photographer from North Carolina.