The purpose of this book is to provide a self-contained account, accessible to the non-specialist, of algebra necessary for the solution of the integrability problem for transitive pseudogroup structures.
Originally published in 1981.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Table of Contents:
- FrontMatter, pg. i
- Table of Contents, pg. iii
- Preface, pg. v
- Introduction, pg. 1
- §1. Preliminaries, pg. 15
- §2. Derivations of Transitive and Simple Lie Algebras, pg. 65
- §3. Simple Algebras with Parameters, pg. 95
- §4. Closed Ideals of Transitive Lie Algebras, pg. 110
- § 5. Minimal Closed Ideals of Complex Type, pg. 152
- References, pg. 217