- Not for sale in the Commonwealth (except Canada and Australia) and the European Union
- Download Cover
The sauropod dinosaurs roamed the planet for millions of years, with creatures ranging from the smallest of the sauropods, Magyarosaurus, to the huge Argentinosaurus. This illustrated book of records is an essential compendium of sauropod facts and figures—from the biggest and the oldest to the smallest and the rarest. It covers every known species and features more than 2,000 diagrams and technical drawings along with hundreds of full-color reconstructions of specimens.
The book is divided into sections that put numerous amazing sauropod facts at your fingertips. “Comparing Species” is organized by taxonomic group and gives comparisons of the size of species, how long ago they lived, and when they were discovered. “Mesozoic Calendar” includes page spreads showing the positions of the continents at different geological time periods and reconstructions of creatures from each period. “Prehistoric Puzzles” compares bones and teeth while “Sauropod Life” presents user-friendly graphics to answer questions like what did they eat and which was the most intelligent. There are sections that chart sauropod distribution on the contemporary world map, provide illustrated listings of footprints, compile the physical specifications of all known sauropods, and more.
- The essential illustrated record book for anyone interested in dinosaurs
- Features a wealth of comparative records
- Includes more than 2,000 diagrams and technical drawings and hundreds of full-color reconstructions
- Covers all known sauropodomorph species
- Provides listings of footprints, biometric specifications, and scholarly and popular references