- Jun 8, 2021
- 2,600+ color photos, 1,476 color illus., 1,222 maps.
Britain’s Insects is an innovative, up-to-date, carefully designed and beautifully illustrated field guide to Britain and Ireland’s twenty-five insect orders, concentrating on popular groups and species that can be identified in the field. Featuring superb photographs of live insects, the guide covers the key aspects of identification and provides information on status, distribution, seasonality, habitat, food plants and behaviour. It also offers insight into the life history of the various insect groups, many of which are truly amazing. This is the go-to guide for entomologists, naturalists, gardeners, wildlife photographers and anyone else interested in insects, whatever their level of knowledge.
- More than 2,600 stunning photographs, carefully selected to show key identification features
- Photo guides to every insect order, covering 316 families and almost 850 genera
- Covers 1,653 species, of which 1,476 are illustrated
- Designed to allow easy, accurate comparison of similar species
- Up-to-date distribution maps and charts summarizing adult seasonality
- QR codes that link to sound recordings of grasshoppers and crickets
- Information on photographing and recording insects to help conservation
Awards and Recognition
- One of New Statesman's Books of the Year 2021