- £46.00 / $55.00
- 10 x 12 in.
- 150 color illus.
- Not for sale in the Commonwealth (except Canada) and the European Union
- Download Cover
Lars Jonsson is widely regarded as one of the greatest bird artists of all time — no other painter of his generation captures the true look and feel of birds in the wild so beautifully. This magnificently illustrated volume collects Jonsson’s most recent paintings and drawings, many published here for the first time, offering a fascinating retrospective of the artist’s work from the turn of the new century to today. Lars Jonsson’s Birds features 150 full-color, museum-quality reproductions of works that Jonsson painted in the field and that reflect his favorite theme of birds in a wide landscape, such as gulls, waders, ducks, and raptors.
This sumptuous book includes essays by the acclaimed sculptor Kent Ullberg and museum curator Adam Harris, as well as commentaries by Jonsson and pages from his sketchbooks that provide rare insights into Jonsson’s incomparable artistry.
- Offers an invaluable retrospective of the artist’s most recent work
- Features 150 full-color bird paintings
- Includes commentaries by Jonsson, pages from his sketchbooks, and more
- Provides rare insights into Jonsson’s art and methods
Awards and Recognition
- Winner of the 2009 National Outdoor Book Award in Design and Artistic Merit