- Oct 23, 2011
- 8.5 x 10 in.
- 200 color photos.
- For sale only in the United States and Canada
- Download Cover
Wildflower Wonders showcases the most spectacular displays of wild blooms on the planet, from infrequent flowerings in the Mojave and other deserts to regular but no less stunning alpine wildflower “events” in Italy, South Africa, and Australia. This magnificently illustrated volume features 200 panoramic, full-color photographs as well as a color map for every site and at-a-glance information panels that highlight the kinds of flowers at each location and the best times to see them in bloom. The informative text gives a botanical profile of each location, and also describes the ecology and conservation status of these sites and the animal life to be found at them.
A book unlike any other, Wildflower Wonders is a visual feast for travelers and armchair naturalists alike.
- Showcases the most spectacular wild flowerings on the planet
- Features 200 full-color photos
- Describes noteworthy flower species, ecology, conservation status, and animal life
- Includes color maps and at-a-glance information panels