- Mar 27, 2018
- 6.62 x 9.43 in.
- Not for sale in the Commonwealth (except Canada) and the European Union
- Download Cover
With more than 50 gull species in the world, this family of seabirds poses some of the greatest field identification challenges of any bird group: age-related plumage changes, extensive variations within species, frequent hybridization, and complex distribution.
Gulls of the World takes on these challenges and is the first book to provide a comprehensive look at these birds. Concise text emphasizes field identification, with in-depth discussion of variations as well as coverage of habitat, status, and distribution. Abundant photographs highlight identification criteria and, crucially, factor in age and subspecific field separation. Informative species accounts are accompanied by detailed color range maps.
Gulls of the World is the most authoritative photographic guide to this remarkable bird family.
- The first book to provide in-depth coverage of all the world’s gull species
- More than 600 stunning color photographs
- Concise text looks at variations, habitat, status, and distribution
- Informative species accounts and color range maps