- Oct 15, 2006
- 5 x 7.5 in.
- 156 color plates. 1,270+ maps.
- For sale only in the United States, Canada, and the Philippines
- Download Cover
Here in an easy-to-use format is the first guide to the nearly 1,300 species of non-passerine South American birds. It complements Robert Ridgly and Guy Tudor’s large reference volumes on the passerines (1,800 species), which will soon be available in a single-volume field guide format.
One of things that makes this book special is its use of masterful and alluring illustrations; most neotropical birders will want the book for the illustrations alone. The text concentrates on the key identification features of each species and follows the layout of other books in this series. The book may be used in conjunction with regional and country field guides.
- First guide to nearly 1,300 species
- Easy-to-use format
- Complements volumes on passerine birds
- Contains key identification features
- More than 150 color illustrations
- More than 1,270 maps