- Oct 15, 2006
- 5 x 7.5 in.
- 156 color plates. 1,270+ maps.
- For sale only in the United States, Canada, and the Philippines
- Download Cover
Here in an easy-to-use format is an essential guide to the nearly 1,300 species of non-passerine South American birds. It complements Robert Ridgely and Guy Tudor’s large reference volumes on the passerines, which are also available in the compact, single-volume edition Field Guide to the Songbirds of South America.
One of things that makes this book special is its use of masterful and alluring illustrations; most neotropical birders will want the book for the illustrations alone. The text concentrates on the key identification features of each species and follows the layout of other books in this series. The book may be used in conjunction with regional and country field guides.
- Covers nearly 1,300 species
- Easy-to-use format
- Complements volumes on passerine birds
- Contains key identification features
- More than 150 color illustrations
- More than 1,270 maps