- £30.00 / $35.00
- 5.25 x 8.5 in.
- 112 color plates.
- Not for sale in the Commonwealth (except Canada) and the European Union
- Download Cover
Mongolia is a huge, landlocked central Asian country encompassing a wide range of habitats, including forests, vast treeless plains, the Altai Mountains, and, of course, the Gobi Desert. With an avian population that reflects this diverse landscape, the country is rapidly becoming a popular destination for birders. The first field guide dedicated to the birds of Mongolia, this beautiful volume provides in-depth details for 502 species, including all residents, migrants, and vagrants.
Gombobaatar Sundev, Mongolia’s most famous ornithologist, and Christopher Leahy follow traditional field-guide design with lavish color plates—112 in total—depicting every species and many distinct plumages and races. Authoritative text on facing pages explores identification, voice, habitat, behavior, and status. Detailed maps not to be found anywhere else accompany the species entries.
Birds of Mongolia is an indispensable guide for birders, adventurers, and all those interested in this central Asian nation.
- The first dedicated field guide to the birds of Mongolia
- In-depth details for 502 species, including all residents, migrants, and vagrants
- 112 lavish color plates
- Authoritative text explores identification, voice, habitat, behavior, and status
- Up-to-date distribution maps for all species