- $49.50 / £42.00
- 5.5 x 8.5 in.
- 780 color illus. 520 maps.
The Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals is the essential companion for anyone going on safari or interested in African mammals—no other field guide covers the whole continent in a portable format. Now fully revised and updated, it covers all known species of African land mammals and features 780 stunning color illustrations. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, distribution, habitat, food, behavior, adaptations, and conservation status. Coverage of several of the more complex groups of small mammals is simplified by reference to genera, and there are introductory profiles of each mammal group and more than 500 maps. This new edition includes many newly recognized species, and classification has been fully updated.
Written and illustrated by a world authority, The Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals is a must-have guide for travelers and armchair naturalists alike.
- Covers more than 1,100 species
- Features 780 color illustrations
- Describes key identification features, distribution, habitat, food, behavior, adaptations, and status
- Includes many newly recognized species, and classification has been fully updated