- Feb 25, 2020
- 6.13 x 9.25 in.
- 1,000 color illus. 90 maps.
- Not for sale in the Commonwealth (except Canada) and the European Union
- Download Cover
Handbook of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises of the World is the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide to these popular mammals. With nearly 1,000 accurate color illustrations—complete with detailed annotations pointing out significant field marks—this outstanding book covers all 90 species and every subspecies of cetaceans around the globe.
Leading cetacean biologists have collaborated with pioneering conservationist Mark Carwardine on the concise text, which is packed with helpful identification tips. From the blue whale to the Indo-Pacific finless porpoise, the illuminating species accounts are accompanied by abundant distribution maps and photographs. Designed to ensure easy access to critical information, Handbook of Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises of the World is an indispensable resource that every whale watcher and cetacean seeker will find invaluable.
- Provides details on every species and subspecies of whale, dolphin, and porpoise
- Features nearly 1,000 meticulous color illustrations and 90 distribution maps
- Includes helpful facts about behavior, life history, and conservation