- Jul 11, 2023
- 5 x 7 in.
- 3,500+ color illus. 848 maps.
- For sale only in the United States, US Dependencies, and the Philippines
- Download Cover
Since it was first published, Birds of Europe has established itself as the definitive illustrated field guide to the continent’s fascinating birdlife. Now in its third edition, this superb guide has been expanded and brought completely up to date with revised text, illustrations, and maps.
More than 50 plates are either new or have been completely or partly repainted, and more pages, illustrations, and text have been added for several bird groups, including grouse, loons, raptors, terns, owls, swifts, woodpeckers, swallows, redstarts, tits, finches, and buntings. Newly discovered species are included, species that have expanded their range are now found in the main text, and species that have only recently been seen more than five times are gathered in an accidentals section.
Combining unmatched illustrations, text, and maps in a single, portable, and easy-to-use volume, Birds of Europe is the ultimate field guide to the continent’s birdlife—essential for every birdwatching trip and bookshelf.
- Provides all the information needed to identify any species at any time of the year
- Detailed text covers size, habitat, range, identification, and voice
- Comprehensively illustrated with the best field guide artwork ever painted
- Up-to-date distribution maps with information on breeding, wintering, and migrations
- Covers all the species that are new to the continent or have been newly discovered
- Features text and illustrations on facing pages for easy use in the field
- Includes an introduction to each bird group that addresses major problems of observation and identification