- Sale Price:
- Jul 26, 2022
- 550 color photos. 25 color + 57 b/w illus. 7 charts. 9 tables. 373 maps.
30% off with code PUP30
With their glorious colors, glittering iridescence, astonishing powers of flight, and many characteristics unique in the world of birds, hummingbirds are extraordinary—true jewels of nature. This beautiful book is a celebration of all aspects of hummingbirds and their world. It features hundreds of the most spectacular photographs of hummingbirds ever taken, exquisite illustrations, and a lively, readable text that presents the latest scientific information and includes up-to-date details about every species.
A familiar sight across much of the Americas, hummingbirds have long captured the imagination and played an important part in myths, legends, and other aspects of human culture. Today, hummingbirds are among the most popular of all birds, sought after by serious and casual birders alike. They inspire questions in anyone lucky enough to see them. How can they fly like that? Why are they so colorful? How many are there? Where and how do they live? How do they survive? This book answers these and many other questions, providing an enlightening and enjoyable guide to hummingbirds that can only deepen their wonder.
- A definitive yet accessible account of all aspects of hummingbird life
- More than 540 spectacular color photographs, illustrating all 101 hummingbird genera and over two-thirds of the world’s 369 species
- Specially commissioned illustrations revealing details of anatomy and behavior
- Meticulously researched facts and figures on status, population, distribution, and conservation designations of all the world’s hummingbirds
Awards and Recognition
- A Birdwatcher's Yearbook Best Bird Book of the Year