Flight Dynamics: Second Edition
- Sale Price:
- Nov 1, 2022
- 527 b/w illus. 39 tables.
50% off with code MAY50
Since it was first published, Flight Dynamics has offered a new approach to the science and mathematics of aircraft flight, unifying principles of aeronautics with contemporary systems analysis. Now updated and expanded, this authoritative book by award-winning aeronautics engineer Robert Stengel presents traditional material in the context of modern computational tools and multivariable methods. Special attention is devoted to models and techniques for analysis, simulation, evaluation of flying qualities, and robust control system design.
Using common notation and not assuming a strong background in aeronautics, Flight Dynamics will engage a wide variety of readers, including aircraft designers, flight test engineers, researchers, instructors, and students. It introduces principles, derivations, and equations of flight dynamics as well as methods of flight control design with frequent reference to MATLAB functions and examples. Topics include aerodynamics, propulsion, structures, flying qualities, flight control, and the atmospheric and gravitational environment.
The second edition of Flight Dynamics features up-to-date examples; a new chapter on control law design for digital fly-by-wire systems; new material on propulsion, aerodynamics of control surfaces, and aeroelastic control; many more illustrations; and text boxes that introduce general mathematical concepts.
- Features a fluid, progressive presentation that aids informal and self-directed study
- Provides a clear, consistent notation that supports understanding, from elementary to complicated concepts
- Offers a comprehensive blend of aerodynamics, dynamics, and control
- Presents a unified introduction of control system design, from basics to complex methods
- Includes links to online MATLAB software written by the author that supports the material covered in the book