A Wildlife Guide to Chile
Continental Chile, Chilean Antarctica, Easter Island, Juan Fernández Archipelago
This is the first comprehensive English-language field guide to the wildlife of Chile and its territories--Chilean Antarctica, Easter Island, Juan Fernández, and San Félix y San Ambrosio. From bats to butterflies, lizards to llamas, and ferns to flamingos, A Wildlife Guide to Chile covers the country's common plants and animals. The color plates depict species in their natural environments with unmatched vividness and realism. The combination of detailed illustrations and engaging, succinct, and authoritative text make field identification quick, easy, and accurate. Maps, charts, and diagrams provide information about landforms, submarine topography, marine environment, climate, vegetation zones, and the best places to view wildlife. This is an essential guide to Chile's remarkable biodiversity.
- The only comprehensive English-language guide to Chile's common flora and fauna
- The first guide to cover Chile and its territories--Chilean Antarctica, Easter Island, Juan Fernández, and San Félix y San Ambrosio
- 120 full-color plates allow quick identification of more than 800 species
- Accompanying text describes species size, shape, color, habitat, and range
- Descriptions list size, distribution, and English, Spanish, and scientific names
- Information on the best spots to view wildlife, including major national parks
- Compact and lightweight--a perfect field guide
Sharon Chester is a naturalist, wildlife photographer, illustrator, and author of several natural history guides, including Birds of Chile/Aves de Chile, Antarctic Birds and Seals, and South to Antarctica.