This portable and informative field guide describes the bird species found on Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Fully updated, the guide presents all 347 species, both naturally occurring as well as introduced, and highlights 19 endemic species found nowhere else in the world. Species are sorted by habitat to facilitate identification and extra illustrations are provided for birds similar in appearance.
- The only fully illustrated guide to feature all 347 bird species in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
- Species sorted by habitat for easier identification
- Text and illustrations on facing pages for ease of identification
- Extensive introduction covering taxonomy, migration, biogeography, and conservation
- Useful information on birding hotspots throughout the region